Assistant Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta said today he will
not serve his prison sentence with Ruto in case the ICC convicts them for the
2008 election violence that left 1500 Kenyans dead.
‘I will not spend a day in the same Prison cell with Ruto,’
Mr. Uhuru said. ’We argue too much, I don’t trust him one bit, plus he stinks!’
Mr. Uhuru is scared that Ruto might sneak a knife from the
kitchen, if he gets to work there as a trustee, or fashion one out of a tooth
brush and stab him while in his sleep.
‘That guy is innovative and ruthless, despite the smiles and
stuff. He will come up with a way to kill me in prison or bully me into giving
him my food. I can starve out there and no one would know. He is a rather scary
fellow. You know, I have had a pretty privileged upbringing; my forte is
stealing Government funds and corruption. But this guy Ruto, he is used to
being ruthless. That scares me shitless’
.
.
Mr. Uhuru says he prefers being jailed with the diminutive radio
journalist Joshua Arap Sang. ‘With Sang
in the same cell I can get a shut-eye especially if I sleep on the top bunk. The
guy is a midget. He cant even reach me on the top bunk. That will be a relief’,
Uhuru said amid laughter from his friends at the Nairobi safari club.
Though sounding light and unconcerned Mr. Uhuru is a worried
man. He said he is worried about being sent to a Serbia prison. The ICC, which
has no prisons for the convicted felons, has a deal with various governments to
house the prisoners: Denmark, Serbia, mali, Austria, Finland, Britain and Denmark.
Serbia Prisons have a rather bad track record. Witnesses have
described harrowing experiences in the hands of the guards there. Bosniak and Croat
detainees have been beaten repeatedly by Serb captors. The guards have a habit
of beating the detainees before breakfast, lunch and dinner. They use all kinds
of weapons: axe handles, chains, sticks.
‘I wont last a day in a Serbian Prison. I would rather be
sent to a ‘nice’ prison in England or finland. I hear their eggs and bacon are
pretty good. Still, England or Finland, I don’t want Ruto in my prison cell. They
can send him to Serbia for all I care’, Ruto said.

No comments:
Post a Comment